Often one of the highest offers to cashout on a few sites such as Swagbucks and TopCashBack is to take a Visa Gift Card (VGC). This leaves the question, what can I do with a VGC?
One of my favorite uses for VGC is to add them to my Amazon.com personal Prime account. Amazon Prime has an offer that if you load your Amazon balance with a debit card they will give you an extra 2% on the balance you load. This adds a nice little boost here and there.
How to add a VGC to Amazon:
- Log into your Amazon account
- In the top right corner click “Your Account” and “Your Account” from the drop down menu
- On the next screen click “Your Payments”
- Scroll down to the bottom and click “Add a credit or debit card”
- Add your VGC information and use your name and address as you would for credit cards
- Go back to “Your Account” > “Your Account” from the drop down menu
- Click “Gift Cards”
- At the top of the page click “Reload your balance”
- At the top in small print it says “Select Visa Ending in XXXX to earn 2% gift card balance. Edit Prime Reload”
- Click “Edit Prime Reload”
- Find the debit card you just added (your VGC) in the list and click “Save and Continue” at the bottom of the page
- On the next page click “Continue to Reload your balance”
- Change the custom load amount to the total amount on the gift card
- Scroll to the bottom and the button should now say “Reload $X.XX with 2% Back”
- If it doesn’t say that try steps 8-11 again and make sure you’ve got the right card selected
Congratulations, you just stretched that VGC a little further. I know 2% isn’t a lot but this is a fantastic way to liquidate VGC if you’re a frequent Amazon.com shopper. I personally have monthly subscriptions on Amazon so this will automatically be applied next time my order comes up or when we order something.